Baggage Handling Agent
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Baggage Handling Agent, you will work within McCarran’s Baggage Handling System (BHS) – a complex and highly sophisticated type of conveyer system installed in airport that transports checked luggage from airlines’ ticket counters to areas where the bags can be loaded onto airplanes. You will respond to and clear faults and bag jams that occur with the Baggage Handling System. The common goal is to ensure that the passengers’ baggage moves safely uninterrupted and without any delays throughout the McCarran’s Baggage Handling System.
While performing the duties of a BHS Agent, the employee is regularly and safely required to work indoors and outdoors, moving, and working around uneven terrain and confined areas of baggage conveyer systems.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements.
- To clear faults and bag jams must be able to stand; walk, bend; stretch, twist, and turn; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to monitor audio devices and read display monitors from a distance to promptly respond to audible and visual alerts.
- Ability to successfully communicate information and instructions to anticipate and respond to hazardous or unsafe situations.
- Must have good hand / eye coordination.
Additionally, the job candidate:
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint based criminal background check.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Has ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Is available to work day or night shift including weekends and holidays.
- Conform to dress code and follow all company regulations and policies.
- Is time conscious and meets deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
This list includes some of the requirements but is not a complete list of future job duties.
Bags To Go is a Drug Free Workplace
Please submit your resume below in a .pdf format or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org