Baggage Handling Agent
Job Description and Responsibilities
Baggage Handling Agent – (Harry Reid International Airport)
As a Baggage Handling Agent, you will work within the Airport’s Baggage Handling System (BHS) – a complex and highly sophisticated type of conveyer system installed in the airport that transports checked luggage from the airline ticket counters to the areas where the bags are loaded onto airplanes. You will respond to and clear faults and bag jams that occur within the Baggage Handling System. The key goal is to ensure that the passengers’ baggage moves safely, uninterrupted, and without any delays throughout the Airport’s Baggage Handling System.
While performing the duties of a BHS Agent, the employee is required to work regularly and safely indoors and outdoors, moving, and working around uneven terrain and confined areas of the baggage conveyer system.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements.
- To clear faults and bag jams must be able to stand; walk, bend; stretch, twist, and turn; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and climb ladders and walk on bridges (up to 20 feet high).
- Must be able to perform duties according to strict regulated guidelines and security protocols.
- Must have the ability to lift and move up to an 80-pound piece of baggage over an obstacle at chest level repeatedly throughout their shift.
- Ability to monitor audio devices and read display monitors from a distance to promptly respond to audible and visual alerts.
- Ability to successfully communicate information and instructions to anticipate and respond to hazardous or unsafe situations.
- Must have good hand / eye coordination.
Additionally, the job candidate:
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint based criminal background check.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Has ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Is available to work the day or night shift including weekends and holidays.
- Conform to dress code and follow all company regulations and policies.
- Is time conscious and meets deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Perform other duties as assigned or needed
This list includes some of the requirements but is not a complete list of future job duties.
Bags To Go is a Drug Free Workplace
Please submit your resume below in a .pdf format or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org